Friday, December 21, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #5


Cameo Lover-Kimbra


My favorite number and my favorite new discovery of the year this fine little import managed to not only steal my interest but keep it with an albums worth of interestingly catchy tunes that balanced between mildly folky, throwbacks to older styles of R&B, and with this tune in question pure pop glory in it’s finest man has this song done me so well this year.

Now I’ll make note that this tune technically came out last year in New Zealand but because you know I’m what they call a noisy American and the album this tune is on was released this year I figured I’d pull the same shenanigans like I did with Cee-Lo last year and include a tune that didn’t necessarily make the biggest charting positions but rather was the most pleasing cut for me personally thus my top 25 but that’s being a bit technical here.

Like I said before I love this mildly retro-grooved bigger than life pop number and it’s wildly vivid video and lyrics of talking in your sleep and the silhouette of dreams that is love and the wondrously bright feelings it brings to those who are feeling it and for that I take my current love of one Kimbra Jones and make note of one of the best tunes to come out this year, but wholly damn was it hard to have it at this spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment