Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #25

Tonight-Seether

Alright I figured I’d be best to kick off this with a tune that came out earlier in the year but I really didn’t give too much thought to especially considering it’s one of the better tunes I’ve heard from modern rock radio in one Seether’s, “Tonight.”

I’m not going to lie this is a very by the numbers rock song in many ways but it’s that sense of simplicity that makes it so appealing really. It’s a solidly well paced tune with the enjoyable metaphor of screaming your problems to the world and  while it’s also the lightest offering I’ve ever heard from these guy’s I’m honestly surprised just how good it’s actually managed to remain so with that in mind I figured I’d go a good bit mainstream to start out this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment