Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #3



Kill Your Heroes-AWOLNATION


Yeah I’m not going to lie I absolutely dread the song Sail and it’s empty screaming style and because of that I just completely ignored this band entirely and what a shame that was because this song is so amazingly hate filled that I can’t help but wish I’d looked past that one bad tune earlier.

Like I noted, “Not Your Fault,” is what made me take interest in this band but this song just blew my mind because I’m not so sure what it is but it’s an incredibly angry cut filled with some wild imagery of murder and the grim realities of things to come but in some odd way there’s a slight ray of hope in its chorus and it’s mentioning of why you need to just continue keeping on. 


Too damn good to ignore for long in some sick and twisted way I guess this teaches us all not to judge a band by one bad song, because maybe just maybe they’ll make something so angrily amazing that you can’t help but sing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment