Friday, December 14, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #12



Anna Sun-Walk the Moon


Not going to lie if there was ever a song that so made me want to make a mash-up it’d be this oddly sensual little bit of danceable awesomeness, and as we inch closer to the best of the year I can’t help but find the tunes to get harder to order.

I’m pretty sure the fact that I feel the desire to replace the opening portion o this tune with Ignition by R. Kelly is one of the most oddly alluring things about this song to me but even with that set aside it’s very 80’s tinged synthesizer heavy beat along with a howling series of vocals still leads it to be this very dreamy little number that actually has managed a pretty respectable level of success.

It’s really nice to note just how many of these tunes have actually gotten some well deserved attention and it only gets better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment