Monday, December 10, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #16


The Celestials-the Smashing Pumpkins


HOLY DAMN Billy Corgan and company came out with a new album! Yeah while I will admit I was a terrible fan and didn’t completely absorb myself in this really great album I was honestly expanding my musical interest and just didn’t give it the proper time of day which is why it sadly ranks so low on this list.

Really what this tune is from my observations is Billy Corgans fully fledged plunge into making as honestly classic rock tinged story driven lyrically focused musically sound tunes that he can possibly craft and it shows because even if I’m not completely devoted this song is still this wonderfully fresh new rocker that’s not trying to be Siamese Dreams 2.0 but rather a new breed of Pumpkin where the sounds may be a throwback but they’re still as fresh as ever.

Keep on keeping on oh great Pumpkin…

No comments:

Post a Comment