Friday, December 7, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #19 & 18

Due to the fact that I'm going to be quite busy tomorrow today's going to be a twofer for ya...



#19 Midnight City-M83

This stark little electro cut is yet another one of those songs I was surprised to see gain quite a bit of national exposure and some moderate top 40 positions but really even with that knowledge I still do quite enjoy this very early dépêche mode-esque tune and it’s toy saxophone around the end.

It’s the darker side of top 40 and it’s ominous kind of chant like tone along with a beat that doesn’t stop is probably why I’ve enjoyed it soo much.




#18 Don’t Stop(Colors on the Wall)-Foster The People


The breakout act of last year managed to actually keep afloat with a strong series of singles this year and of all the tunes that blew my mind this summer when I saw them live and became quite infatuated with the album it was on I’d have to admit that this song was probably my favorite to see.

Don’t Stop its’ a very Violent Femms  tinged bit of neurotic awesomeness that’s about 4 steps away from leading the individual listening to it to start having violent convulsions of pure unadulterated joy. It’s this vibrantly sang rocker that’s very bare bones and demanding of it’s listener to come off as the most spastic fool which for me is a good way to describe how I often act.


No comments:

Post a Comment