Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Sam's Top 25 of 2012: #1



Anyway-Cee-Lo Green

You know it was about this time maybe before last year that I first heard this song and while I will say it’s utter blasphemy to include it on this list let alone at the top spot let me make note way back at day 1 where and I quote:

                “Now by the best tunes I’ve heard this year I mean that they had to have come out sometime between late 2011,”

That would in theory not only allow this tune the ability to be eligible but with this being you know Sam’s Song of the day I’d figure it’d be pretty damn obvious that I’d include a tune that I’ve found and used every conceivable excuse to mention in any particular post that’s come about and as such also find a way to include it on the best of list this year so with that in mind let me give you a brief reasoning as to why this song towers above all others.

Ah Cee-Lo how your ability to not only record the best collection of throwback jams amazes me but the fact that you recorded a song that’s like Discovery-era Daft Punk with all its hyper disco themed instrumentals and some lyrics that take sweet sweet liberty in being able to use the wonderfully silly to the fact that we’ll dance to anything you’ve made a song that’s every wonderful thing about being a child in the fact that it’s the most simple tune and it just works in every way, no over complicated themes here just the fact that Cee-Lo loves his woman and knows she feels the same even if he’s one smooth ass lady killin’ son of a biscuit eating bulldog, and for making the most wonderful of wonderful pop songs I’ve heard all year and for making it stay as wonderfully awesome 12 months later I salute you.

The end of the world couldn’t stop this amazing bunch of songs so I can only hope next year continues the hype those are my top 25 cuts of the year, happy holiday’s to everyone and maybe just maybe I can give ya some decent filler as I go give my mother a call.


OH yeah and on a smaller note MERRY CHRISTMAHAUNAKWANZIKA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment