Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Sam's Top 20 of 2016: #8

8.The UK's-Love at a Glance

So I'm a go out on a limb on this one with this bad ass little collective of kids looking to make a name for themselves and instead of going for their obvious singles that I'd highlight a tune that in all honesty I kind of remember actually kind of hitting me straight in the feels the first time I heard it which happen to be at their album release show and it's a song that in all honesty seems to stand out for me in the subsequent shows I've seen them play.

Love at a glance is an incredibly simple tune that sounds like being under a spot light having a slow dance with the most beautiful girl in the world, it's a delightfully simple tune that isn't trying to be anything particularly special but somehow manages to become something very special to you especially when you see them play it live because like other songs I've talked about or am going to cover on this list this song just kind of seems to take on an otherworldly vibe to it when they play it live and one Noah Bartelt seems to always deliver a performance that's even better than the album performance every fucking time.

I see good things in this bands future and know that they have so many other great tracks on the horizon and I for one will most certainly be keeping my ears open for all of those tracks.



No comments:

Post a Comment