Friday, December 9, 2016

Sam's Top 20 of 2016: #16

16.The Yotes-Waste My Time

Bitter breakup songs are a bit of a pleasure of mine if the past 6 years haven't made obvious to all of this blogs readers but for one of these tracks to transcend petty bullshit they have to have some sense of musical girth and that's where this track from one of Kansas City's finest collective of musicians and truly one of the most guaranteed great concerts you'll see comes to mind.

If I were to be honest what sold me on this song rather than their proven radio hit California Lovers is the fact that in what's already a fucking spectacularly bad ass fucking live show this song manages to just always and I mean ALWAYS deliver the fucking ass kicking jam heavy rock and roll fury that their often extended tightly performed songs do and this one from that opening rift to it's echoing coo's of the line, “Don't Waste My Time,” are as awesome as they are dreamy.

You get a track that just kind of steadily moves along and has even tighter percussion and guitar work than California Lovers which is more radio focused remix ready fare and as cool as that is sometimes I just want my face rocked off and this song delivers on that in spades but still manages to also have enough musicality to kind of make you groove a bit.

So yeah this song kicks ass and these guy's have been one of the most consistently spectacular live acts that I've had the pleasure of seeing this year and it's crazy to believe that they're still pretty fucking new and have managed to carve out among many other great bands in the city as being a sight to see so if they're this great now I can only imagine what more headlining gigs and time to write songs is going to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment