Monday, December 12, 2016

Sam's Top 20 of 2016: #15

15.BROTHER-Mobbin

I remember the first time I heard this track it was when I saw that they were opening for X-Ambassadors on St. Patrick's day and I wanted to get an idea of what to expect and this was the only song they had available for listening and whenever I got to see them I was a little too drunk to properly remember it which in all honesty is kind of funny when I think about it in retrospect but I guess that's kind of irrelevant here.

Fast forward to all of a few weeks later and quite a bit more sober I saw these guy's open this years Homegrown Buzz Showcase and I was impressed that this group that's a bit like Kansas City's 1975 put on one bad ass show so of course I made sure to follow them on the social medias and give a few more shows a viewing an over time they've really managed to grow and make some damn good songs that could help take them away from that local band that sounds like the 1975 title.

Now while I was really tempted to put their incredibly bad ass jam, “Rolling Thunder,” this songs success on the buzz has been pretty impressive and even now months later while yes it's a bit too much like the 1975 it's still a solidly catchy tune that still is really quite good and a great introduction to a band that can potentially go on to do some great stuff and I fully expect them to do so.




No comments:

Post a Comment