Monday, December 5, 2016

Sam's Top 20 of 2016: #20

So if I were to put 2016 in a blanketed statement in terms of what I heard on the radio I'd have to say that this was quite possibly the weakest fucking year in music I've probably ever heard and it's the complete lack of pure unadulterated quality material coming out my radio that lead me to more often then not just turn the fucker off and look around for new music the old fashioned way.

This years list will have a lot of local music because 2016 is the year my concert attendance and attempt to do something in the local scene fucking exploded and while I didn't ever seem to want to post consistent articles on here I didn't stop the creative process and in this year I've heard some spectacularly exceptional tunes that didn't get any fucking radio play what so ever and while there will be actual hits on this years list for the most part I'm sure you won't see a bunch of shit that you'd expect I know you definitely won't see any Twenty One Pilots, Drake, The Chainsmokers, or anything else that most popular media is likely to praise that's for god damn sure.

Now with that in mind let's not bullshit too long and let the music do the talking as we kick off Sam's Top 20 of 2016....

20.The Shameless Pursuit-Doubt

This band is one of many that I decided to give a chance after they decided to randomly follow me on Twitter and I'm not going to lie right from day one this song sold me on them and after all this time and the fact that I got to catch them for one show and see them play what was a fucking phenomenal performance of this very song only set it in stone that this was going to be on my list.

This song stands out in that it's a more electric rocking cut in comparison to the vast majority of acoustic kind of singer songwriter heavy tracks that occupy their Fail It Forward EP.

This track has a kind of old school 90's emo feel with it's lower end production that sounds like it was recorded in an open room which is actually a good thing because it gives the vocals and guitars a very echoing tone that perfectly accentuate the kind of dreamy nature of it's guitar work and dreary lyrics to help make a song that will make you take notice of this band for sure and if you want to hear what's probably the most pitch perfect set of vocalist around I'd very much advise seeing them live because I'm still blown away to of heard them play all these songs just pitch perfect live.



No comments:

Post a Comment