Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014: #9


9. SomeKindaWonderful-Reverse

I honestly can’t really come up with any immediate occurrences of infidelity sounding OH SO FUCKING GOOD people but SomeKindaWonderful have managed to do just that with this decidedly sexy number that’s as wonderfully a shifting a tune as it is dark.

With constant repetition of the phrase, “I would do it again,” when talking about being discovered cheating on his spouse this song’s an odd plea for forgiveness by an individual that has no real intention to ever stop and it’s still as decidedly good now as it was when I first heard it and the kind of stomp-clap along nature of the beat kind of gives it a very driving feel as more and more instruments come in and increase the feeling of this song making it something that you can't help but just feel is something great. 

Still to this day every now and then I find myself going light headed when i hear this song before I just throw myself into its chorus…


No comments:

Post a Comment