Thursday, December 4, 2014

Sam's top 20 of 2014: #17


17. Tove Lo-Habits(Stay High)

So probably the highest charting tune on this year’s list and for a pretty good reason, it’s a very lyrically colorful tune about the shit we put ourselves through when we lose someone we once held dearly and it’s excimations of having to, “Spend my days locked in a haze trying to forget you babe I fall back down,” is one of many true statements made because even I can detest that break ups are hard and we all find ourselves handling them in different sometimes awful way’s and I know I can detest for the feelings and emotions felt in the most successfully dark tune released this year and in all honesty it’s dark lyrics aren’t the only real joy of this tune it’s danceable club ready beat and Tove Lo’s very yearning voice is just the right compliment to keep this tune from sounding like those terrible emo tunes we all listened to in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment