Monday, December 15, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014: #10



10. Michael Jackson-Love Never Felt So Good

OK so this might honestly be the most pop minded tune that’ll appear on this list depending on who you ask and it was also really hard to figure where to place it because I didn’t give this album a listen for a variety of reasons mostly due to my interest in other tunes but when coming up with this list I recalled writing a VERY LENGTHY song of the day on this song and when I listened to it again for the sake of compiling this list something came to mind GOD DAMN he was the fucking king of pop.

SO yeah I’m aware the version of this with Justin Timberlake was the one that managed to make some impact on the radio and was the version I first heard but you know as much as I can respect someone that made the effort to really make something of themselves and exceed all expectations you’re not Michael FUCKING Jackson and yes the version compiled out of his original takes is a more disco tinged off the wall throwback of a track the mother fucker just bleed pop music and this song is just pure proof of that.

It’s not by any means a Billie Jean, hell I wouldn’t really relegate it as something more than a later single to wrap up promotions for Off The Wall but even saying that this is still the most well written, produced, and polished example of how you do a pop song people and even if it’s mediocre when compared to his past works it’s still legitimately better then every other top 40 single I heard on pop radio and deservingly so it just had to be top 10 on my list and while yes it’s only number 10 it’s not for any fault of its own it’s just that my personal interest are elsewhere and I found myself enjoying and listening to these other 9 tunes more…


No comments:

Post a Comment