Monday, December 1, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014 #20



So it’s that time of the year people my yearly best of list where I talk about the best songs I’ve heard this year and I guess a reflection on the tunes that shaped things to be although there is one thing I’d like to make note of before I get into the first of 20 days of the year’s best.

So I’m aware Billboard charts mean nothing to most but I’ve noticed at least for the past few months that the top 10 songs on the Billboard charts are dominated by female lead tunes and that’s interesting because I noticed that there is quite a few more songs in my personal list and that I’ve been listening to that are lead by women, so I guess that this year is probably the most girl powered year of songs that I’ve had in quite some time and that’s just an interesting thought that occurred to me so let’s quit bullshitting here people and get to the first in the top 20 of 2014…

20. The Madden Brothers-We are Done

So of all the random ass songs that I could have possibly started this list out with I honestly couldn’t think of any tune that kind of came and went as randomly as this song here.

Like many a person I was kind of taken back by the fact that Good Charlotte seemed to have finally decided to stop making music….but the two primary members are still making music together so in all honesty I can’t not think of this as a good Good Charlotte tune….

Ok so they never made kind of retro-grooved surf rock tunes when they were heavy into eye-liner and tight jeans but in all honesty this has all the traps of the better tunes they made in the previous decade just an infectious chorus with some kind of jumpy verses that are almost just placeholders for a chorus that’s a lot better then you care to admit to and like those Good Charlotte songs you use to embarrassingly listen to back in the day these bastards have managed to make another infectiously catchy song that you’ll like a lot more then you ever should have so we all might as well whistle along and enjoy this summery little number to start off the end of the year shenanigans….

No comments:

Post a Comment