Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014: #13



13. Lights-Up We Go

So before I get to into things I’m just going to make note that this years list seems to have a decent amount of synth heavy tunes on it and a fairly constant mentioning of how attractive the singers of these tunes are so bear with me people but now that I got that bit out there let’s talk about this very synth heavy kind of groovy groove sang by a very VERY attractive woman in the form of Canadian singer-songwritter Lights.

Up we Go is in all honesty one typical fucking song that in all honesty isn’t really anything new compared to what’s been popular over the last few years but even with that in mind it’s a damn catchy fucking song that for some reason or another just fucking grew on me and while I couldn’t entirely pinpoint a reason beyond maybe a very strong attraction to Lights the first time I saw the video or the exclamation of the line, “It’s been a hard year with nothing to show,” which seemingly feels like the truest statement I can feel this year in particular this is just a fun tune that I just really liked in all honesty and sometimes that’s all I can really ask for in my top 20.



No comments:

Post a Comment