Monday, December 22, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014: #5



5. Meg Myers-Head Heart Head

OK so this song’s really tough to put on here because it really made no impact on radio this year and it’s video came out early-ish 2013 but even with all that aside the song that broke Meg Myers this year Desire I just couldn’t put on this list because while it introduced me to the hardest musical crush I’ve had since the first time I heard Kimbra and it has some rather interesting stories for me it wasn’t the best offering her killer Make A Shadow EP had no there was probably two tunes that were and are about a million times better and while I’d normally give the edge to album cuts this song in particular seems like a better expression of how I’d describe Meg Myers Music to someone.

She’s a crazy screaming bitch people and this song’s just one huge buildup to her just unleashing this wild banshee sounding cry of anger and frustration that is just exactly what the doctor ordered because while desire is a decidedly sexy tune that is like the craziest most filthy sex you’ll ever have this song is just a lot more its’ a heavy little number that just drills a point through and makes us all want a little crazy in our lives.

So yeah I love me some Meg Myers people and can only hope that she continues to produce this great a music and gives me yet another chance to drool over her beauty and get to see her lovely self scream this shit in person all over again…


No comments:

Post a Comment