Thursday, December 25, 2014

Sam's Top 20 of 2014: #2



2. Kimbra-90’s Music

Ok people of all the newer female musical crushes I’ve had this year and of all the girl power jams that are ever so present on my playlist my heart belongs to one woman people and that would be the amazingly beautiful and talented Kimbra and this year she decided to grace me with an album that….well….OK it was exactly what I expected and I’d hate to say that it wasn’t Vow’s 2 but you know that kind of doesn’t matter because it still had some AMAZING cuts that were difficult as fuck to pick between but when I sat down and really thought it through I kind of decided that this funky little experimental tune won out.

It’s not that it’s honestly the best song on the album I’d probably go with Love In High Places or Miracle for that it’s just this song is probably the best idea of what represents the direction this woman is taking as an artist she is an oddity experimenting with different tones, singing styles, and unorthodox methods of throwing together a pop song and what ultimately could have ended up as some failed avant-garde tune quickly gets diminished by what was one of the most killer fucking chorus’ all year…

“Same old song I heard can’t get out of my head,”

That fucking line people just completely sold me on this song and made me look past the funky exterior and truly LISTEN and what I got was one bad ass little number that yes seemed like much but it grew on me and after listening to it again I still love it and feel that it really was one of the best but not the best amazing still though and defiantly worth the listen…


No comments:

Post a Comment