Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Song of the Day 4/1/15



Lifted Up(1985)-Passion Pit


So I’ll be the first to admit that Passion Pit is spotty at best for me because while they’re responsible for some delightfully catchy electro pop numbers the vocals can severely drag and only a couple of songs really seemed to have managed to just kind of stick with me as something I can still stand to listen to and this song and it’s oddly well represented year is one of those tunes that for some reason or another is just to fucking good for what it is.

So this in all honesty is the most synth poppy 80’s new wave sounding track I’ve possibly heard from this band and in all honesty it kind of makes me wonder why they just didn’t take to making pop records any sooner because this songs sugary sweet beats along with a chorus that just demands everyone jump along to just screams the best movie trailer, summertime radio anthem, or hell just a great tune to play in between sets or at bars because it’s just damn fun music in every way.

Although i have to ask in regards to the video who in the hell would ever mosh at a passion pit show?

No comments:

Post a Comment