Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Album of the Day 3/26/15

So I can't lie I really dislike a load of modern hard rock and heavy metal acts because they all seem to come off as very single note and boring in plenty of way's and also a lot of modern/hard rock stations have been playing the same shitty songs for the last 10+ years and most of the top acts in modern hard rock make very safe formulaic music, and with that in mind I do occasionally dive in and listen to some of this trash because well.....I was an angry white boy at one time and the occasional heavy record can amuse me.

My only issue in that right is finding the right record to post because there's a few acts that I can decently get behind but I think in this case I'll post something that I recently came across randomly looking at a buddy of mine's collection and gave a whirl in the form of HELLYEAH's debut self titled LP from that magical year of 2007.

I do recall being amused with this band when they came out but then I eventually grew up and kind of broadened my own musical taste so the fact that upon looking up information on them I was surprised to learn that they're still going and while I had no desire to give the new stuff a listen I can say that this album kind of starts out on a really strong note before only really kind of having any bits of being alright when Mudvayne's Chad Gray who in all honesty is a solid vocalist for his genre is screaming the word fuck repeatedly in the more metallic numbers.

In all honesty the best songs on here while being relatively light on overall deph are at best by the number headbanging heavy numbers that only serve as an outlet to just kind of give the drummer from Pantera something to do...


No comments:

Post a Comment