Friday, March 6, 2015

Song of the Day 3/7/15



Hollow Moon(Bad Wolf)-AWOLNATION

I’m late to the party here because this songs a couple of weeks old now and its’ recently been announced that these guy’s will be one of the headlining acts of this year’s Buzz Beachball which is actually pretty fucking cool but I’m not sure if I’ll be seeing them because I kind of don’t want to spend the money and seem to have a tradition of going every other year but that’s irrelevant.

Hollow Moon it’s the first single from their upcoming second studio album a follow up to 2011’s Megalithic Symphony which happened to house his surprising hit Sail and two of my best of 2012 cuts in, “Not Your Fault,” and, “Kill Your Heros,” which where some very amusingly angry sounding numbers that were very scream filled bits of angst.

Hollow Moon as a tune is actually kind of an interesting tune because it’s seems to instead have a very danceable groove to it like it’s more inclined to be taken as a dance track with some semi-rapped verses sprinkled all throughout which kind of would make me weary if it weren’t for the fact that it’s main chorus is pretty damn catchy and near the end of the track there’s a small screaming section that feels like it’s there to remind you that it’s AWOLNATION. 

Overall I really do actually find myself enjoying this song a lot and I think it’s a nice change of pace from the music beforehand because it’s showing a good bit of versatility in style and that seems to really show because it’s performing really solidly on the radio now as to whether or not it becomes the next sail that I can’t say but what I can say is that it’s pretty damn good and also the whole shooting the video on a camera on a dolly in one shot is pretty cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment