Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Sound Familiar?

So tomorrows a special day for me and if you don't know by this point I'll let you take the time to look that stuff up yourself but until then I wanted to point out this thing I came up with at work yesterday and feel like pointing out today in an article that isn't really likely to become a semi-re-occurring segment but rather an idea like the album/concert reviews, so bad it's good, lost great albums, and Greatest song ever where I just kind of make an observation and let you guy's take notice for yourself so without further ado let's get into this.

 Have you ever listened to a song and kind of thought to yourself, "hey this is really good but for some reason it sounds a lot like something else I've heard before," or have you ever listened to a song and noticed that any particular artist or group has decided to do something that sounds a little too much like another artist? Well that's what today's segment is covering in Sound Familiar I'll be taking a song and bringing up a similarity to another tune that might be a little odd and with today I figure I'd talk about something I recall pointing out a long time ago but feel like going a little more in depth with today and that's with these two tunes...

(Just Hold On) We're Going Home-Drake & Africa-Toto

So I recall a while back in one of the many times I've covered this smooth little throwback sounding Drake number that it sounds like a kind of modern day Africa and whenever I say that I mean that it's a very steady synth heavy number that kind of harkens back to going to a mother land of sorts whether it's home or Africa is one of a few things that kind of separates these two tunes lyrically, but whenever you kind of listen to them side by side you notice the intro's are very similar and they both are rather mid tempo pop numbers.

I know it's kind of random but it's a kind of funny observation none-the-less and the fact that I can hear the newer of the two tunes and want to go coast down the streets of Vice City kind of is probably the reason why I enjoy it so much..that and it's a pretty decent tune to make out with someone too but that's a whole different article for another time people.

SO go listen to these two tunes side by side and tell me what you think and of course if there's any two tunes that you think are a little too similar in sound feel free to suggest it in the comments down below or of course on The Official Facebook Page where you'd be real awesome to click that like button buddy.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment