Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sam's 1000th Post SPECTACULAR!!!



I’d like to thank all of you for reading these 500 post here’s to 500 more people.

-Thursday, April 26, 2012

So…it’s been two years since that statement was made and I had my 500th post spectacular people and now I’m on post number 1,000 and there are two things that came to mind 1. I’m surprised I let my laziness make it take 2 years to post 500 more times on this blog and 2. HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I know that was rather inappropriate but you know life’s not really that appropriate when you think about it and just like two years ago I kind of had this odd realization of reaching a fairly large numerical milestone rather suddenly and it’s honestly rather crazy to think of because that’s well over 1000 songs, bands, and topics and since those initial post I’ve gone from just doing song’s of the day’s 7 days a week to expanding to concert, album, and music video reviews along with a myriad of best of list, holiday specials, and even reached the point where I have a weekly schedule of articles which is freaking crazy to think about people.

So here I sit trying to come up with an article proper to kind of capture the craziness of it all and in all honesty I kind of don’t really think there’s much that can be done that hasn’t already been covered on here and I don’t see much a reason to post a Throwback Thursday so I guess I can just thank all of you guy’s for reading and post the song that’s gotten the most views out of any article I’ve posted on this little blog of mine which oddly enough is from February of last year and was the only post I can recall doing in the wee hours of the night after just kind of stumbling upon Fitz and the Tantrums release of the official audio clip for their tune Out of My League where I kind of most literally posted my initial impressions and am amazed that it managed to get read so many times and on a slightly lesser note actually brought this band out of one hit wonderdom which is pretty fucking spectacular…

Also on a lesser note they’ve decided most recently to release my favorite track from that album as their newest radio single in the form of Fools Gold which I’m just going to take credit for now even though I’ve never brought that up at any point in this blog.

Thanks for reading and here’s to 1,000 more people….maybe I can reach it before 5 years from now…


No comments:

Post a Comment