Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday's Finest



So I’ve been all over the place this week…just giving you fair warning because this weeks list should be interesting…

1. Puto-Molotov

So I work with a bunch of characters and one of my co-workers decided to tell me about this raunchy little semi-homophobic rocker that’s honestly one of the most amusingly ridiculous tunes I’ve heard in a while and it’s the pure unadulterated rocking that kind of reminds me of being a young angry white boy…that for some reason is singing along to a Spanish rock song….don’t judge.

2. Let Me give the world to you-The Smashing Pumpkins

So sadly enough they took down the official version from the adore box set which brings a massive tear to my eyes because it’s SO FUCKING GOOD! But I guess the one from Machina 2 should suffice for now because this song’s such a hidden gem.

3.Clavado En Un Bar-Mana

So yet another random Spanish song that I’ve heard because of listening to some odd ass radio station son Pandora from an album I’m more familiar with having an interesting CD cover that’s actually quite a catchy little rocker that has a kind of mid 90’s alternative rocker feel to it that is probably the reason it’s stuck out compared to what’s honestly a series of songs that I hear every day that I don’t know what’s being said but I find to be very catchy.

4. Gun-Chvrches

So I’ve been closing all week and during one particularly long night I found myself daydreaming about Lauren Mayberry and found myself eventually listening to The Bones of What You Believe as I was going to bed that night…and this song made me jump up and start dancing….again DON’T JUDGE PEOPLE!!!

5. Lady Madonna-The Beatles

I remember watching a video a long time ago about songs that sound like other songs and in the list it pointed out how Sublimes What I got sounds a lot like this little Beatles Gem…and if you listen to it that way it kind of does….weird.

So that’s this week’s list for ya make sure to obviously go like the Facebook page and of course I forgot to say this yesterday but I’m still taking tunes for Throwback Thursday’s so if you want to contribute then feel free to do so but until then enjoy Friday’s Finest…

No comments:

Post a Comment