Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sam Reviews a Video..."Miracle," Kimbra



So Kimbra has a new music video out for her single miracle…..and prepare to hear that fandom come out here shortly because I might as well talk about the track for a bit before I uhm….dissect the video.
Miracle it’s a very kind of groovy little track that kind of feels like it was lifted from the 90’s with it’s very large chorus and it’s incredibly danceable vibes along with lines as joyously cheesy as, “ Send me your love again, ‘cause you’re my miracle,” which honestly sounds like something I’d expect Mariah Carey to sing which isn’t a bad thing considering that it also has this kind of vibrant 70’s beat that gives it a very danceable feeling to help those simplistic lyrics not feel as cheesy as they normally would and at about the 3 minute mark the song takes a brief second to kind of have this Discovery-era Daft Punk kind of spacey sound thing that’s really groovy.

All those little factors added up really do lead it to be one killer single that I find myself digging repeated listens in.

As for the video…well…I think I’m in love people…

OK I am more than sure if you were to take the time to look over the post I’ve made about this woman you could very easily pick up that I do in fact not only find myself a fan of her music but I also think she’s one drop dead gorgeous singer that I’d bend over backwards for the chance to charm in an instant and the fact that she decided to go by the whole idea of making a video as danceably fun as the track sounds is probably one of the best things for me because I get to see her just showcase the utter joy in her expressions as she belts out this track with some of the most amusingly awkward white girl dancing you’ll see this side of Taylor Swifts most recent outing.

All in all this is simplicity at its finest people because she’s not doing something as oddly quirky as 90’s music or as storybook as Settle Down but rather she’s just kind of having an obviously fun time with a really fun track and having her just kind of walk around and do some 500 days of summer like walking around and making the world showcase your elatedness through well choreographed dances is perfect.
Also she’s just so god damn pretty now isn’t she in that odd little red dress thing and always flashing that bright kind of infectious smile through the whole thing…..AGAIN it’s a crush people don’t judge…

Overall I’m actually quite satisfied with this video because it’s nothing too flashy and it works to kind of make the track feel as bright and fun as it’s intended to so I’m all thumbs up in this review and can only hope that I can acquire the Golden Echo’s sometime soon and maybe get a video for Love In High Places…just saying…


No comments:

Post a Comment