Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Sam's Best of 2011

Rope-Foo Fighters

Prior to this song I personally thought Dave Grohl was a fuck riding the coattails of Kurt Cobain's legacy and that the Foo Fighters made OK at best music then one morning I was woken up by this song's world premier in the KC area and that all changed.

I couldn't ever really consider myself a fan of this band beyond a handful of tracks but of that handful of tracks that make me get why people enjoy this group this song is probably still the one that I'd stand behind as being the track that is everything great about this band.

It's a straightforward high energy rocker with a simple but effective solo near the end point, Grohl perfectly mixing his scream/sung style of vocals, and at the time it didn't get overplayed to a point of making me hate it which is quite the rarity when it comes to this band because like a host of other acts I've enjoyed over the years the radio makes and breaks everything you could possibly love and this song managed to avoid that fate and be an anomaly of a decision I can look at in retrospect and whole heartedly say is still a legitimately great piece of work.



No comments:

Post a Comment