Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Song of the Day 1/24/19

You know I'm really mad that these guy's became such corporate sellouts because that first album was a fucking banger and their second record still holds as something I more appreciate rather than enjoy in retrospect but that's irrelevant because even so there's one track they did that lead to the eventual sellout that I conveniently still remember as something special.

Out of My League-Fitz and the Tantrums

So I had to look back at my older post to remember just what it was about this track that had any relevance for me and looking back it's because this was a bit of a difference maker for this band they went from just being a throwback act to making more modernish indie rock affairs with killer melodies and great vocal harmony courtesy of the immensely talented Noelle Scaggs and this song is a good example of those properties in effect and even after the mass commercialization it's still a solidly great track that I still remember just randomly seeing uploaded onto YouTube at some random ass hour of the night giving a listen and just being blown the fuck away that I just had to make a random shot in the dark post that until I started covering more local acts was the most viewed post on this entire website so I've always had an interesting connection to this tune because it made me think maybe just maybe I may know my shit.

Now that's not so much the case anymore but for a brief moment in time I thought so...


No comments:

Post a Comment