Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Sam's best of 2016

Cool Heat-Momma's Boy

This year I tried to truly help this community out by letting people know about how fucking good the music in this city is but it also didn't help the fact that 2016 in mainstream radio sucked ass through a fucking straw and I started to really fall off with the buzz because most of their programming started to go to fucking shit and the following 2 years have gone on to me pretty much never listening to them for more than a few minutes a month.

Now with that bit of vitriol out there this year's offerings in the local alternative music scene were fucking great and this song OHHHHH I spent so many drunken fucking nights just alone and blaring the ever loving fuck out of this surf inspired bit of garage rock glory and if you go back and read the incredibly expletive filled post about this song you'll know it was a track that just kind of came out of nowhere and opened a world of possibilities to me because this is not only an outstanding piece of music from who may be the best band this city has to offer but the song that kind of really got me to attempt to truly start trying to heal the wounds from years prior by going out, making an ass out of myself, and living my fucking life it also happen to be about this time frame that I had started to get a job that wasn't a complete shit hole of toxicity and realize that growing up is inevitable and that I'm going to have to be a fucking adult and do some shit all for myself.

The transition was made and while it was a rough ride to get there this song showed me that I can become a thing again it's just gonna be uncomfortable and also the most rocking time of your life fucker.

OH and one more thing Momma's boy FUCKING RULE! And their live show is a religious experience you should all experience yourself because when they fire on all cylinders they'll blow your fucking mind dude.



No comments:

Post a Comment