Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Sam's Best of 2015

Sorry for the delay i got sick and that's no fun but now that I managed to remember here's this years selection...

Entropy-Grimes Fet. Bleachers

This was the first year I really started to take note of the local Kansas City music scene  which this years list actually had 3 bands who've gone on to do some pretty spectacular things which is fucking bad ass.

Now on the topic of this song this 3 minute piece of pop perfection that even now almost 4 years later I hear and truly and agree with what I did back then I'd started around March the day I first heard this song and made a list of songs I thought where great that year and this was the first song I put down and to this day I still believe it to not only be the best song of that year but one of the best of the decade no fucking shit.

Now go back to my post about Cee-Lo Green a few day's ago and you can almost apply the same thing to this track switching the disco tones for tribal beats and a very large and in charge character in Cee-Lo for a very petite and unassuming Grimes and take the questions and throw them straight out the window because this is a great piece of pop music that blends a certain amount of joy even with some fairly sadish lyrics.



No comments:

Post a Comment