Friday, January 4, 2019

Sam's Best of 2014

I Love You(But I hate your Friends)-Neon Trees

Neon Tree's are maybe my guiltiest pleasure and one of the most criminally underrated commercial pop rock bands to ever walk the face of the earth and I truly would put their 2012 release Picture Show in my top 10 albums of all time looking back and as cheesy as it is that and this album both inspired me to write a story I am still working on to this day and would one day hope to turn into a comic or movie or even Netflix series or something.

This song is a bombastically catchy and snarky fucking tune that showcased a band like me hiding their eventual decline into obscurity though one last bombastic effort of vitriol covered in some false sense of joy that is this songs poppy instrumentals, Tyler Glenn's cheeky vocal performance, and the kind of playful lyrics.

Overall looking back at this list there was a host of strong fucking songs from the criminally overlooked, "Black Soap," by Ex cops, Kimbra's, "90's music," and many many more that didn't even make the list it's rather crazy in all honesty.

What's also crazy to think of for me because I almost didn't make it beyond this year and this album at the time was basically an emotional crutch that I clung onto for dear life because I was confused, scared, and on the constant verge of wishing I'd never decided to get better but rather fade away so it's hard to reflect on these emotions and reading that number 1 post I figured that I had a lot I wanted to say but never really could bring myself to actually bringing forth and this is when my writing really started to be affected because of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment