Thursday, January 10, 2019

Sam's Best of 2017

Jonestown-Scruffy and the Janitors

The year end post for this song and my initial impression of it were the most viewed post on this blog.

That say's a lot and 2017 was a year where I seemed to try the whole journalist approach and it was interesting if not inconsistent beyond comprehension....I also was a fucking drunken mess of a person that was dealing with a host of isolation and drinking problems that I don't and haven't really told anyone about and while I've so severely cut down on my booze consumption to a point where I could be considered sober to some regard this year was my last ditch effort of things to be and yeah looking back the bands I covered went on to some really great places and I did some pretty fucking cool ass stuff that year that made the depression easier to hide.

I made some good friends in this community Scruffy in question being among many musicians that have showcased a lot of love for my kind words about them so much so to a point where I've convinced them to do some show's for me in my personal endeavors which is something I have a hard time truly expressing just how good that makes me feel I'm sure I'll come up with something come February but yeah this song it's special in a weird way because re-listening to it as I'm typing up all of these nostalgia post and looking at the post I made those years I'm brought back to seeing them at the tank room along with Rachel Mallin and the Wild Type and Momma's Boy in what was maybe one of the best bill's I'd seen in a long time and I remember the performance of this song and the venue just kind of not doing it justice because it was too clean sounding in there you didn't quite feel just how real this song really was and I remember not thinking much of it and the eventual snowballing of momentum it'd build and it's crazy just how it went from that to this and even now the rare times they play it I can't help but still be blown away.

Well that was the various best songs of the years now I'll probably keep getting more and more personal with a host of random songs that all mean something to me here and there so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment