Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Tuesday Two-Fer

SO if you have followed this blog for the 4+ years it's been a thing you should know I FUCKING LOVE HALLOWEEN TUNES and like I've written about a few times I have this love for the song of the same name courtesy of the all mighty godfathers of hardcore punk themselves The Misfits and since Tuesday's my covers day normally and Halloween is Friday I could dust off this tune for yet another covering courtesy of a little ol punk group AFI....

Halloween-Misfits(1981) & AFI (1999)

So I was combing my CD collection and came across my copy of All Hallows EP by AFI and forgetting it's 13 minute run time was less than my trip to work I decided to take it and give it a listen and was reminded that they sound a lot like a Gothy Offsprings but that's irrelevant because this CD has their cover of Halloween which is about as faithful a cover you're going to get when you listen to it minus the odd creepy noise at the end I never much cared for but beyond that it's an honest cover that's pretty damn good.

Now if you read the first link above you know I find this song to be a classic so no matter how hard I try nobody's going to beat the Misfits it's just too damn good a track and since I've expressed this for a few years now I'm just going to fucking blast this bitch as loud as I can in celebration folks...

Misfits:




AFI:


No comments:

Post a Comment