Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Song of the Day 10/23/14

So this co-worker of mine enjoy's blasting all these emo records during work and in the process of reliving the 8th grade angst I can't help but looking back and yes I know that's what Thursday's are for but you know what it's my blog and I'll write what I want to.

In the string of terrible but amusing tunes that was coming on I was reminded of probably the poster child of angsty I hate my parents and want to go end my life or start a scene rock and roll that was the all mighty Hawthorne Heights who admittedly could craft a decent song or two and pulled the image off really well but even then I couldn't completely get into this stuff mostly because I was too dark to look like a pussified goth and kind of had too much of a fondness for older alternative music with actual substance to really get into the bitch fits and temper tantrums that were a lot of these bands.

Although all gripes and shit talking aside there are still some damn catchy tunes from that time with today's selection being one of them and while it'd of made more sense to post Ohio is for lovers I kind of still find this one to seemingly try to have a bit more substance to it and also it's video is fucking hilarious because they'll probably never sell out arena's this sized again on their own.....but maybe an all emo power tour for my generation........scratch that you read nothing people now excuse me while I go make some phone calls.


No comments:

Post a Comment