Friday, February 6, 2015

5 Years 5 Albums: Day 5



The Bones of What You Believe-CHVRCHES (2013)

In all honesty in the 5 years since I started writing song of the day I’d honestly have to say this is probably the most solidly strong debut album I’ve heard since starting this and it’s really quite interesting to think about because it’s the pure solid New Wave sound with plenty of polished strongly sang tunes and Lauren Mayberry’s kind of pixy tones that kind of lead me to just get utterly absorbed into an album that’s really a lot like Depeche Mode but more modernized and with even less organic instrumentation.

I really do love this album quite a bit people and the fact that the songs kind of range from slightly dark dance tracks to just complete bangers gives you a good variety pack to kind of enjoy no matter what your mindset is and it really is an album that you find yourself coming back to again and again to only remind yourself just how fucking good it really is and even now trying my best to put into words just what’s so good about it I’m just reminded of the times and places I’ve gone and had been with each song good and bad it’s all something that really gets me thinking.

Also on a lesser note these guy’s put on an amazing show and Lauren Mayberry is a Pixy voiced goddess amongst women.

This may be last choice in my 5 years and 5 albums but stay tuned Sunday for a special post regarding the 5th year anniversary but until then it’s been a pretty bad ass 5 years and this album is just another example of what it’s resulted in.

Quality Cuts: By the Throat, Gun, Night Sky



No comments:

Post a Comment