Monday, February 9, 2015

Sam's Top 5 Love Songs: #5 Something Silly....



With Valentine’s Day being this Saturday and this whole Weekly themes things being an amusing task I figured I’d go back into my archive of articles I’ve typed up and put on the shelf and recently came across this list of songs I compiled roughly about I don’t know maybe 6 or 7 months ago and figured I’d turn it into a week’s theme where I count down my top 5 love songs of all time and with that in mind here’s the original article(with some Obvious updating):

So this might be random as fuck but I recall a while back I was going for a walk and talking to a good buddy of mine and in-between our host of random conversation we got onto the topic of cheesy bad music and he said something to me about how I don’t like particular songs because I’ve never been in love to which I have to say very kindly…FUCK YOU BUDDY!

But all vulgarities aside as I’ve noted before on here I don’t actually care to talk about my personal relationships for a variety of reasons mostly pertaining to the fact that they can lead us to a lot of places in our lives and in some cases the story get’s uncomfortably dark, but even with that in mind I do sometimes think to myself that maybe I do have a tendency to be a bitter bastard when it comes to those things and in the process of trying to both find a cleaver way to tell my buddy to piss off and kind of give some insight on what I find to be romantic I’ve found myself kind of dwelling on this thought of what is the archetype of a love song and what I truly find to be quality and that’s where this article came into fruition.

So looking back and doing a bit of research into what I’ve written about in the past and kind of taking a shit load of time to reflect on my own personal misadventures I’ve decided to put together the 5 songs that I personally feel are my truest expressions of love in song form.

There’s no real criterion to meet here in all honesty because it’s a personal list but I would like to make note that I really have thought about each entry very thoroughly and if you read this blog every Valentine’s Day you might be a bit familiar with how I feel about some of these tunes.

So let’s quit shooting shit and get to it with my #5 entry…



#5: Silly Love Songs-Wings

So if this is not the most brilliant expression of music that’s ever been done then I truly don’t know what is, because the story for this song almost warrants it’s place on this list more so then the song itself which for those who aren’t aware this song is the end result of Paul McCartney basically telling John Lennon to piss off because he said all Paul did was write, “Silly Love Songs.”

Now of course you just got out of the most successful rock band of all time and are doing your own thing of course what do you do when your former band mate talks mad shit on you? Well the answer is simple people you write the most amazingly cheesy textbook Love song of all time and you do it in such a style that is so self aware that it transcends the faults of being a love song and actually ends up being a very sweet little expression of puppy dog love and joy because it gives no fucks it’s proud and willing to scream just how it feels over and over and over again and with that in mind it honestly has to be one of the best love songs of all time.



No comments:

Post a Comment