Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sam's Top 5 Love Songs: #2 Standing inside ALLLLLLL the Love....



#2: Stand Inside your love-The Smashing Pumpkins

So…it should be no god damn surprise at all that one Billy Corgan and Company are on this list for the most part that’s a given but why this song? Well if you actually look back on this little blog of mine it’s actually quite obvious because I wrote about it a few years ago on Valentine’s Day Back when I was doing trade off articles with my buddy Dyllan Adams and I actually wrote about this song and just how much I love it so this might have some sense of familiarity if you can even remember that far back.

Now I’m not too sure if I’ve ever mentioned this before but me and Machina the Machines of God have this odd relationship in terms of any other album in the Pumpkins catalogue because about let’s say 90% of the time when I find myself wanting to listen to that album it’s because my head is in a fucking awful place and that album is a very light at the end of the tunnel kind of experience for me because there’s an overwhelming theme of loneliness and life in the songs on that album and from my experiences with a horrid break-up, reoccurring thoughts of the people that have ruined my life, or just my own personal demons ruining things this album kind of brings some sense of center and faith in life and that’s kind of where this song comes into play.

There are few tunes that kind of hit me like a ton of bricks whenever I’ve seen them played live as heavily as this song and it’s odd because I can only really recall so much about seeing them play it live as much as afterwards really REALLY just kind of taking note that this song’s fucking HUGE in scale.

Really it’s quite an anthemic tune with a huge soaring guitars, this marching drum beat,  and a chorus that just demands you very teary eyed scream it in exclamations of faith and devotion for those who you love and have loved.

Just taking into account all those feelings and emotions kind of lead me to just take this overlooked masterpiece of a single and put it into perspective that really makes it more in that it becomes the first real step in accepting those emotions you’ve felt and just kind of overwhelmingly let them punch your face in…ok that last line got a little too rough but the idea’s there people this song to me is the only real instance of how a, “Ballad,” can truly make an over exaggerated statement of love and truly make you feel it and want to express that idea in tenfold.

The fact that it’s only #2 on my list really is saying something because number 1 will take a bit of explaining as to why I love it more then something this therapeutic and moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment