Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sam's Top 5 Love Songs: #3 somebody needs to wake me...



#3: Wake Me-Bleachers

A fairly new tune that I recall writing this list shortly after I gave their album a listen just before I got to see them for the first time this song in due time has managed to kind of stick around and maintain a sense of feeling kind of special really and when I think about it it’s kind of been there while I’ve been establishing a new venture which is kind of adorable but personal shenanigans aside there’s a lot to really say about this deeper cut.

What we have here is a case of a tune that’s a lot like your typical teenage romantic coming of age movie, tv show, or book in that it’s a very cute and kind of subtle sounding tune that showcases quite an exclamation of feelings that are carried by a very 80’s sounding light as air guitar line and kind of steady drum beat that’s very dreamy as it is steady and carried by lyrics that are fairly straightforward and give me the vibe that I’m listening to something that should be playing in the make-out scene of a John Hughes movie.

It’s repetition of the phrase, “I can’t believe I captured your heart,” for me perfectly sums up just how it feels to get what you wanted in terms of being with that one that you care for and it’s followed by plenty of lines that are showcasing just how the singer knows that the feeling is truly genuine and the fact that its’ a tune that equally expresses the joys of feeling love and being in love along with having a slight nervousness in its singing that is kind of how it feels being with the one  before just erupting in a screaming exclamation before just kind of suddenly stopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment