Wednesday, February 4, 2015

5 Years 5 Albums: Day 3



Random Access Memories-Daft Punk (2013)

So I’m not going to lie probably within the last 10 is years or so my love for this band has grown about a quintuplet fold when compared to the joyous memories I remember having when I was a kid and Toonami played that Interstellar movie during some late night rotations and find Alive 2007 to be probably the best piece of electronic music I’ve ever and probably ever will enjoy so whenever they finally got around to releasing their first album in almost 10 years the HYPE WAS FUCKING REAL!  And if you read the review you’ll know this is the only album so far to score the elusive 10 out of 10 and while I’m not one to go back on my word I kind of did whenever it came to that year’s best of list because if you were able to read the wall of text that was this songs entry you’ll know that once I took off the rose colored Glasses I kind of realize this didn’t really feel like a true Daft Punk record and in all honesty it really isn’t even after a year of getting to come to grips with that idea.

BUUUUUT even with that said I refuse to take back my score and even if I’ve kind of found some fault in this album it’s a pretty spectacular effort none-the-less and in all honesty this group really has done something that pretty much no other group can really lay claim to and that’s make a bad album because even if I feel a lack of that feeling of it being a Daft Punk pure record it’s still an amazing piece of work that showcases the continued trend they have of digressing the scene they started back into it’s basics and they’ve managed to make a very surprisingly organic album that’s like the start of it all it’s all the disco, soul, funk, and new wave sounds that inspired the scene they started and it’s quality is comparable to the stuff of their contemporaries and it’s also an album that really was important to me.

Quality Cuts: Instant Crush, Get Lucky, Doin’ it Right


No comments:

Post a Comment