Friday, February 13, 2015

Sam's Top 5 Love Song: #1 I Really do feel this is the best......



#1: I Do-Placebo

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO certain editors notes people I wrote plenty of these quite a while ago and in editing all of them to be a lot better described as to the elements of the songs that I find sonically pleasing I came to realize after reading over this one that this is an instance of a song that’s not necessarily the most well crafted and performed as much as a song that kind of hit me on a more personal matter in its lyrical explorations and the fact that it’s a very fast moving and straightforward number that seems more a vessel for some very cheeky and kind of awkwardly flamboyant lyrics that lend to that placebo glam inspired alternative sound that I have grown to have my phases of enjoyment with over the years.

Really this isn’t number one because of the song’s quality as much as it’s number one because it speaks to me in an odd way and kind of makes me think about relationships and the thoughts and feelings that come from them and it’s lyrical explorations on how when you love someone you basically want to always be with them is pretty damn true, but unlike when I wrote this I’m actually in a pretty solidly steady going relationship right now that may not be love but for the most part the person I’m with is probably one of the most awesome people I’ve managed to luckily stumble across in quite some time actually to celebrate national greeting cards and hopeful oral compensation day we’re actually going to a show which hopefully will be as sweet as this little thing’s been so far.

All that aside the reason I’m still posting the original post is because it’s interesting to re-read and look back on in comparison for me and in a lot of way’s it’s a slightly long winded and interesting expression of how a jumbled up kind of bitterly worn mindset can make something really significant out of something as simple as a song and give it the proper weight and importance it has and also I’d still have to say this is my favorite love song of all time people so enjoy the original post with very minimal editing….

So..this came about oddly people because I was looking around my blog to see just how often I’d covered the topic of love and life on my blog and I came across my 200th Post Spectacular to which I found I’d written about this song in particular and I figure I’d let you guy’s read the original link before then going into just how this has changed since then…

Original Article


OK now that you’ve read that I kind of realized that’s one fairly revealing piece that I wrote back then and for the most part a lot of the same feelings that I had 4 years ago are actually for all intensive purposes still there in a sense that I’ve done a metric shit ton of growing up and been through a fair share of life altering experiences that kind of have lead me to really know an idea of what it’s like to really REALLY think you love someone and at the very least had someone give me that idea that they also loved me too or that maybe just maybe I’d eventually get to say, “I Do,” but alas I sit here single and ever so reflective on those things and after it all there’s really quite a bit to say.

This song is number one for the easiest reason as amazingly epic and fulfilling a tune as Stand Inside your love is, as kind of delightfully childlike Digital love can be, as wonderfully masterfully worded Silly Love Songs is, and as eye openingly honest and kind of movie like Wake Me can be they all just kind of don’t specifically make me think I am in love with someone as much as this song.

It’s so stupidly fucking simple people and it’s the sweetest, most innocently sang, and lyrically simple tune that just kind of throws everything on the table in the most pop minded fashion that I just have to listen to it and think to myself for every crush I’ve had I’ve wanted the person in question to be mine I want to feel like there’s this wonderful thing just coming forth and it’s that nervousness and excitement that this song projects that makes it the best love song I’ve ever heard, and of all the things that I had to take away reading that old post and kind of listening to this song again it’s that I remember that the person that use to come to mind when I listened to this band I remember being so hung up on them that many a potential relationship was ruined because I couldn’t move on and that person has they’re something and now I may have my issues, problems, and fuck ups but what I can say is that I’m over them and realized that I can love another….I can also have a bitterly fucked up experience in the process but growth people growth.

I guess if anything there’s a certain confirmation of faith that happens because after taking the time to really just kind of sit back and really listen to all these songs and to come up with a legitimate list for you guy’s I can say that I do in fact feel and HAVE FELT LOVE! And if you were to ask me what songs I’d say express this well now you have a list of good love songs so listen away and think about the songs that make you think these special feelings and if you want tell me about them below I on the other had think I’ll go listen to these tunes and be positive that maybe I’ll have someone to smile along with them sooner or later….or just have a new drinking mix whichever happens first I guess.

Remember people to go like the Official Facebook Page where you can give feedback to the articles I’ve been posting and maybe just maybe give me an idea for the next top 5 or even contribute a weekly theme, album review, or just anything else but until then have a wonderful day and thanks for reading this top 5.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment