Sunday, February 8, 2015

HAPPY 5 YEARS SONG OF THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!



So February 8th 2010 I posted on the Smashing Pumpkins Forums my first ever song of the day and oddly enough it was about the song Loves In A Dangerous time the Barenaked Ladies version which in all honesty is an odd thought to really think about because I started it out with a band that wasn’t The Smashing Pumpkins and on top of that it was a cover which is a thing that I’ve actually written quite a bit about on here even so far as to dedicating multiple Tuesdays to which is actually kind of funny when you think about it.

Here I am at the 5 year mark I’ve been spending some time of my day to just bullshit together about some random ass song that I have no clue if anyone actually ever takes the time to really listen to and in all honesty I’ve become increasingly terrible about consistently posting with absolutely no signs of really improving that and in all honesty if it weren’t for random bits of people just mentioning it or giving me small thumbs up I’d honestly of just given things up a long time ago and no this post isn’t going to become a cynical little rant about my disposition in life but in all honesty it’s also not going to be making any promises of significant growth to come Nah I just want to say that even though I’m a very cynical bastard and I have worlds of improvement to really get to there’s at least 5 things I’d like to make note of for you people.

1. Those who comment, share, or in general give me promotion and feedback of my work are the best kind of people and in all honesty I truly need you guy’s to continue to give me that motivation and promotion to really spread the message because…
2. I’m only one guy in fact I’m a fairly normal guy that just has a place to make for myself and this is just one of my favorite outlets.
3. I love covers…it’s an odd fascination really and while I will 95% of the time say the original to be better it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy giving them a listen.
4.I have no shame for any tune I’ve ever covered on here even all the shitty country music and alternative music will always be my bread and butter.
5. The Smashing Pumpkins are my band people and while I’ve been pretty lacking in giving adequate feedback to one William Patrick Corgans most recent contributions I will say that they are still the most important band that ever came into my life and all the haters can suck my balls.

NOW with all that in mind here’s to another 5 years people also here’ Set the Ray to Jerry the greatest mother fucking song of all time…



No comments:

Post a Comment