Thursday, February 5, 2015

5 Years 5 Albums: Day 4



Kimbra-Vows (2011)

Man did I fucking crush HARD for not only this album but the beautiful little song bird herself one Kimbra Jones and for good reason she made an amazing little eclectic pop album that while admittedly was kind of safe in points was still and amusing and different take on pop music that I’m not entirely sure just why it took my attention so much but Oh buddy did it.

One of the best first albums I’ve heard probably ever this album had plenty of the kind of throwback organic nature that I’d developed a fondness for thanks to one Cee-Lo Green but with a bit of a non pretentious indie vibe that kept it kind of fresh and out of the ordinary and it’s those qualities that kind of made it’s very cheery sound draw me in so hard.

In all honesty I find it a shame that while she’s managed to grow more as an artist since this album the world isn’t taking notice like they really should because this album really does cover the widest range of emotions that we all can go through and it’s those growing pains and charms that are the most amusing because I can’t help but while listening to this album think about the sheer amount of times I’ve written about it on here and in all honesty I have no shame about it because it’s still that fucking good an album.

Quality Cuts: Cameo Lover, Call Me, Sally I can See You

No comments:

Post a Comment