Thursday, September 3, 2015

Song of the Day 9/4/15

Training Wheels-Melanie Martinez

So I gave this album a review and it was a very poorly worded expressing of saying that this album has some damn great songs but it’s subject matter get’s too much in the way of the songs and kind of weighs things down to a point of sounding downright overly repetitive but even if I do have that complaint there’s certain instances where re-listening to the album as a whole and taking time to really digest things kind of leads you to an interesting point where you find odd charms in tunes and that’s really prevalent in this overly romantic tinged but predictably obscenely worded tune that has this delightfully romantic delivery of, “I love everything you do, when you call me fucking dumb for the stupid shit I do,” which just may be the best chorus I’ve heard all year if not at the very least the most amusing, but all that aside it’s an oddly charming tune that almost changes my opinions on the album as it grows on me….



No comments:

Post a Comment