Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Song of the Day 9/24/15

You know of all the times I've ever had an excuse for the absence my computer deciding to die on me was probably the best I was ever going to have so yeah that happened and now here's a Meg Myers Song...

A Bolt From the Blue-Meg Myers

SO Meg Myers recently released her official Studio album Sorry and I've been giving it a listen and while it's pretty much everything you could possibly expect in the form of a solid collection of songs that don't really exceed many song topics with a few cuts here and there from her Make A Shadow EP it's a good effort that I couldn't really review but there's one song that I'd like to highlight and that's today's cut.

This song straight up is like a Kate Bush tune with the heaviest use of synthesized vocals on the whole album and the most straight forward 80's new-wavey dance pop sound that I honestly thought it was an awkward Spotify Commercial I was hearing up until Meg started singing and actually delivered one surprisingly BAD ASS song that's just the most awesomely groovy cut that feels a lot more natural then a lot of the other synthesizer heavy tracks on that album.

Good stuff people....




No comments:

Post a Comment