Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Song of the day 9/16/15

Pardon my not posting yesterday I kind of zoned out and had a shit load of other things to get to so I didn't really get to posting a proper song of the day.

The Ground Walks with time in a box-Modest Mouse

You know ever since Float On I’ve been very indifferent with this band because while I’m aware of just how much people adore this group I just can’t really get into them but even on that album they still did Ocean Breaths Salty which is a very unorthodox rocker that I really still enjoy to this day and here they are 11 years later and they’ve finally managed to make a song that’s equally as good as that tune in this single from their newest release.

This song is just a very bouncy number that kind of makes me think a tiny bit of a group like They Might Be Giants with it’s very kind of frantic jumpy sound and its layered vocals and instrumentals along with it’s kind of light hearted tone and almost polka sound….I know I suck at really explaining it sometimes but this song is just fun and kind of doesn’t really feel like them making boring kind of pretentious music and the fact that I’ve yet to get sick of it should really show something…




No comments:

Post a Comment