Monday, January 5, 2015

Song of the Day 1-6-15



SO I was trying my best to come up with methods of making the new year a smooth and consistent thing and realizing that I’m not too good at just posting random tunes that just kind of hit me at the most random points I decided it’d be easiest for the time being to have my week’s all follow a theme because while the scheduled weekly things like Tuesday Two-Fer and all that was good for me I think I got to take this blog in a more consistent direction by at the very least having the first few weeks be these themed series of songs while I start really listening to the newest music and albums coming out and start to really get a feel for things considering I just spent a whole month thinking back of the best songs I’ve heard all year.

Now with that in mind I thought to myself what would I do for my first week what could I possibly cover, and that’s when it occurred to me when I’m at work one of my co-workers enjoys having these light hearted bit’s of arguing about how he seems to think every cover version of a song is better than the original to which I often disagree because he seems to enjoy really shitty covers like Limp Bizkits Behind Blue eyes and Shinedown’s rendition of Simple Man which are both Cringworthingly terrible compared to the acts their poorly imitating.

While I do often defend the original tunes it’s not that I’m completely against covers in fact I’ve spent PLENTY of time covering covers on this blog and since their a pretty amusing topic I figured I’d post some halfway decent to pretty damn great covers that I’ve heard but upon coming up with a list I figured I’d not write about songs that I’ve written about MULTIPLE times when Covers come to mind so sadly I had to exclude both Die Die Die My Darlin and Hanging on the Telephone from this week’s list but even so I still managed to come up with some truly interesting  cuts so without any further adoo I figure I’ll start this week with the shortest cover in the form of this amusing little interpretation of the Misfits courtesy of one Guns N’ Roses…

Attitude-Guns N’ Roses (Originally the Misfits)

So  while I find this bands output after GNR Lies to be pretty junky they still managed to pump out a few interesting tunes here and there and even if I find the Spaghetti Incident to be a REALLY poor album it’s most certainly full of its fair share of interesting cuts namely this snarling little dirty punkish number and it’s true to form speedy no-fucks-given sound that’s pretty much note for note like the original but that’s also why the song is so good because it’s the best example of taking a good thing and not fucking it up…


No comments:

Post a Comment