Friday, December 27, 2013

Sam's Top 20 of 2013: #1



1 “The Mother We Share,” Chvrches

OK I bet that not a damn person saw this one coming yes the best song of the year the tune that I thought was the best jam to come out all year belongs to this group of Scottish new wavers in the form of Chvrches and you know what I regret NOTHING!

OK in all seriousness while looking back I love songs that are organic and that are heavy in real instruments I can’t help but you know be taken back by what’s probably the cutest pixy voiced singer I’ve seen since Kimbra and honestly the most awesomely new-wavy kind of 80’s throwback jam that’s heavily reminiscent of Depeche Mode, Blondie, Kraftwerk, and bands of that time it’s a cleverly disguised alternative rock song with a very pop vibe and heavy HEAVY use of synthesizers and looping machines that I’m not normally one for but the fact that this is such a commanding little number that throws it at ya with all forces you can’t help but sit back, turn up your radio, and realize you’re listening to something so wonderfully awesome that there’s nothing else on the radio that could make life feel so awesome at that very second.

So if that doesn’t convince you enough as to why this is the best song to come along this year then well go make your own list, but in all seriousness these where my personal picks of the top 20 songs of the year so many great songs came along and just kicked ass that I’m surprised I didn’t post that much but hey that’s just the way the cookie crumbles thanks for reading and stay tuned for more songs of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment