Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Sam's Top 20 of 2013: #8

8. “Two Fingers,” Jake Bugg 

There’s a cooler then cool kind of sound that one get’s when they listen to this very British Rocker and the various other offerings he was able to release this year that kind of remind me of what it probably felt like to just feel that grander then grand feeling of listening to an Oasis record for the first time just rather than feeling like a long lost Beatles record we have the long lost rocker that every young kid strives to be.

The thing that kind of sticks out most for me is the fact that I left a job that I had been at for almost 4 years pretty much the end of my high school career and the beginning of being an adult had been spent in a place that wasn’t the worst place on earth but there was a kind of liberating feeling of striking on the radio right as this coming of age tale’s ever so true expression of, “Light a Cigaret and Smoke it all away, I got out, I got out, I’m alive and I’m here to stay,” that in every way is the exact way we all feel when we know that times are a changing and while it’s more of the same this song and what it’s brought really has made life and myself that much more of a human being.

Ladies and Gentlemen..The coolest record Oasis never made….


 

No comments:

Post a Comment