Monday, December 2, 2013

Sam's Top 20 of 2013: #20



2013 was quite a year people not in terms of making strides in my position in life but rather quite a good number of songs came out this year, and with some consideration from you the readers along with the fact that it’s my own excuse to list off some of the my personal favorite offerings this year shall now use the next 4 weeks to give you guy’s my list of the 20 best cuts of the year and if you’re curious why only 20 it’s because as the numbers of post I’ve made each month have dwindled due to fatigue and lack of desire to properly post every day I made the decision a while back to instead post only through the week and leave the weekends as a period of time for me to have a break, so with all that in mind let’s get this mother a rollin’ with my number 20 pick for the best song of 2013…

20.” Monster,” Eminem Fet. Rhianna

Ok people I’m not going to lie to any of you I hated love the way you lie and to this day still find it to be more annoying a tune than anything else but there’s something about this tune that I can’t quite figure out why but it’s fucking catchy.

Honestly I haven’t really found anything one Marshal Mathers has done since the Eminem show to be of any real sense of quality, but every once in a blue moon people manage to actually craft a tune that’s not necessarily the most original tune but the chemistry between the individuals involved actually clicks in a way that even if the others a fairly weak musician in their own right still kind of highlights the other’s attributes and offers a nice counterbalanced to their nature in this songs case that the chorus is killer and the angry yet fairly optimistic verses by Em are done in a way that’s actually a catchy number.

So yeah probably the second biggest song you’ll read about on this list but still an amusing tune none-the-less and honestly something I didn’t expect to enjoy as much as I have…

No comments:

Post a Comment