Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Sam's top 20 of 2013: #4



4 “Demon Dance,” Surfer Blood

Now while I will say that Biffy Clyro prove why people over seas know their shit when it comes to crafting the most finely made alternative rockers and the Virgin Maries make the most purely kick ass rock that the genre needs Surfer Blood kind of take these vocals that remind me of Japanese rock band the Pillows, guitar work that sounds like it came straight out of a demo tape, and a sound that’s both punk and melodic and crafted a tune that kind of manages to take me back to a time of discovery of both music and animation and character development in a time where I looked at what is was that I enjoyed about the songs I listened to and the movies, cartoons, and tv shows I found myself enjoying the most and just bring them out and give me an unexplainable feeling of joy that gives this relatively straightforward song some sense of importance and joy.

So with all that in mind I’m a take this Pixies meet’s Pillows hybrid tune and go enjoy everything awesome about that awkward time that was being a teenager…


No comments:

Post a Comment