Friday, December 13, 2013

Sam's Top 20 of 2013: #11



11 “How Many Drinks?” Miguel Fet. Kendrick Lamar

I’m not going to lie while I had this really heavy period of listening to a shit load of hip hop and R&B this year it’s one of those genre’s that I find myself never quite clicking with and I’m not sure if it’s the overly polished nature of nmost of the songs or the fact that a lot of rap just kind of drags on longer then I care to deal with these songs are starting to become something more to me and every year I find myself giving people who aren’t Cee-Lo Green a Chance and you know this very Prince inspired jam has managed to not really grow too old and Miguel as a singer is really quite good and from what I’ve heard he could be the next R. Kelly, and this collaboration with one Kendrick Lamar is a delightfully smooth jam that’s just the right mix of overly eccentric R&B singing and a very well delivered rap verse that’s more about going with the beat then dropping a fast verse.

There’s more to every list then great Indie rock songs, but this probably is the last time you’ll see a pure pop joy from this point on because coming up is the top 10 people and this is purely the best shit I heard all year so stay tuned and keep classy like this jam…

No comments:

Post a Comment